Tuesday, April 24, 2007

My Home Town

Another beautiful day in Ohio, I do think spring has arrived and it is wonderful after the very bitter cold winter we had. We have moved down the road to our little summer place at the lake. Our condo is only 2 miles away and will be available for family and friends to stay in at night. The summer place only has one bedroom so I am sure the condo will be very handy during the summer months.

I found this picture and fell in love with the children on the beach. I would love to find clothes like this and take pictures of my grandchildren. If I found the clothes I know a lot of grandparents who would love the pictures. If any one out there in blog land knows of a shop who may carry vintage clothes, please let me know.
We have been at the summer place during the summer for nine years and I feel at home here. I have Lake Erie in the front yard and a beach on the side yard. My grandchildren grew up here and it is a fun place to be. Port Clinton is a resort area in the summer and a ghost town in the winter. Many of the business close down during the winter months. Port Clinton is an hour away from Toledo and an hour away from Cleveland Ohio. We have Cedar Point amusement park and many island get a ways in the area. I will take pictures of the area in another post. It is so neat to share the area where you live with blogging friends. I feel like I have traveled all over the world through some of the blogs I have read. We can share the home we live in and the town where we walk.

This is a picture of Marble Head light house that is in the area, a nice place to visit and sit a while. The tree's are now just starting to bud and the flowers are blooming......so spring has arrived in Port Clinton Ohio. I will be sure to take my camera along with me so I can show you the area where I live. Have a wonderful day and please take the time to smell the flowers and than God for the beauty we all have right around us in our HOME TOWN............Sharon K

13 comments:

Kelli said...

Your beach home sounds lovely! What special memores you must have of spending summers there! I hope you find a place that sells outfits like that because they are adorable!
Kelli

Susie Q said...

Oh how I love that picture! Precious!

Port Clinton IS lovely. My best friend's parents spend their Summers there. We are hoping to take Grace up there by Fall. I think we would all enjoy it. Spend a nice weekend...Grace loves being close to the water!

The pictures were lovely as was the sentiment about funding beauty in our hometowns. It is there!! And yours is delightful!

Hugs,
Sue

Clare and Mike said...

What a beautiful photo! Isn't it lovely to see everything blooming and coming to life! Enjoy your place on the lake!

Tammy said...

You know it could be in the relm of possiblity that I could visit you one day as we have a relative in Monroe MI that we are planning to visit sometime this summer or early fall! Wouldn't that be nice??

smilnsigh said...

Thank you for enjoying my memories, in my last blog entry. :-)

And yes, I look forward to pictures you'll be taking, of around town. I want to do that also, since the weather has finally warmed, and things will again be "prettied up." It is so much fun, to visit many places, via blog land.

Mmmm... speaking of pictures, I'll bet I'm not the only one who would love to see some views of around and in your summer place. {hint hint hint} :-)

Mari-Nanci

oldflowers4me said...

oh, i just love your photo of the two young children.

Niki Fretwell said...

Sounds like a wonderful place. Glad that spring has sprung for you - enjoy it!

Crafty Mama said...

Hi Sharon K, thank you for your kind words on my new blog.
Just saw the slide show of Amelia Rose Cottage.... what a great place you have! mmm i think i'm gonna enjoy reading your blog!! Thanks again for your warm welcome!

Anonymous said...

I live in MI and have been to Cedar Point many times - oooh, what fun! Enjoy your summer place!

Blessings,
Michelle

Amanda said...

I believe you could probably look up child's sailor suit and explore the possibilities on ebay. :~) I have a friend that just had her boys in sailor suits...they weren't authentic, but still cute.

Sheila said...

What angelic looking little boys.
The outfits were so cute weren't they.
I'm sure there are a lot of people who would enjoy to have vintage style pictures of ther children.

Ginny Gibson said...

It sounds a gorgeous place, pure heaven!

Those cuties on the beach are adorable!

best wishes Ginny

Jillian's Bella Rosa Antiques said...

Your summer place sounds divine! That is a goal my dear hubby and I have...to have a lake house. He searches and searches online almost every day. Maybe our time will happen soon!