Monday, April 23, 2007

My Mother and a look a like.................




A few weeks ago I put this picture I found on a post and said that it so reminded me of a picture of my mother that I have siting in my living room. I wanted to put the picture of my mother and the picture of the lady with presents and a tree together . It may just be me but the lady with the gifts sure looks like my mother's picture. They say every one has a look a like and this lady looks just like my mother...Ada Amelia


I always thought my mother looked like a movie star in her picture. I would love to put a Victorian out fit on and pose like the queen of vintage......what fun that would be. I have memories of my mother saying..........Sharon why do you like all of this old stuff and the vintage look? I would say.......mother I do not know where I got the love of Victorian,but I know it was not from you. I no not where this love came from but it is all me and I so love it. My I sound like a Victorian queen with that mumbo jumbo. Have a wonderful day my dear........
Sharon K

8 comments:

~Becca~Bluebird Rose said...

They DO look alike! So beautiful!
:)

Susie said...

Both are beautiful photos! I have one of my MIL from that era (around 1920's, I think??

Tammy said...

I agree...your Mom could have posed for that picture...lol!

Kelli said...

Just beautiful, Sharon Kay!!!

Kelli

ShabbyInTheCity said...

Do you ever hear your mother's voice in yours? Just when I think my mom and I are totally different...I find that I'm more like her than I thought I was!

Sheila said...

There is a resemblance Sharon..
your mother looks like a beautiful and sophisticated young woman in her photo..
xx

smilnsigh said...

It's not "just you." Your mother and that lady in the picture, most certainly _do_ look alike.

And no, your thoughts do not sound like mumbo jumbo. I love it when people speak from the heart, in their blogs.

Mari-Nanci

Anonymous said...

You write very well.