Thursday, April 12, 2007

I Remember When...........Now Underdtand Why.......

My Mother..Ada Amelia


I now sit in my lovely country home, which I call Amelia Rose Cottage. I sit and think why did I want the cottage look. Then I reflected on my life , and the wonderful memories of growing up at Silver Lake in Michigan. My parents had a small cottage at the lake, it was small but held many family members and friends. I learned how to drive on the roads that led to Devils Lake where we danced at the pavilion and roller skated the evenings away. I grew up there and now understand I want to again have the feel of living in a cottage.
One of my favorite flowers are roses, I also like daisy's and geraniums, but the beauty of a rose stands out as a favorite.
I am sure I have shared with you that my mother's middle name was Amelia, she was named after her Aunt Amelia. When Tammy had a little girl she named her Lindsey and wanted her middle name to be Amelia, named after my mothers middle name. Of course I was delighted with the choice of Lindsey Amelia's name.
The above pictures show the reason why I chose the name of my new home
AMELIA ROSE COTTAGE
The sun room is finished, the curtains are hung, all we have to do is wait for the sun shine and warm weather to enjoy the new little cottage at the lake. Memories have been transformed in to the here and now at Amelia Rose Cottage

12 comments:

Tammy said...

This is a wonderful post about the history of your Blog Title!
You did well with the pictures too ;)

Susie said...

A loved the little peek at the history of the name of your cottage!
:)

Nancy Jo said...

Hi Sharon,
Sounds like you are all tucked in at your new cottage. I have seen the pictures everything looks perfect.
What a cute picture of your daughter, and Happy Birthday to her.
Thank you so much for posting my cards for all to see, how sweet of you, glad you like them.
NANCY JO

Carole Burant said...

Sharon, I just know you'll be so happy at your little cottage and I loved learning the reason why you chose the name...it's perfect! You'll be making so many of your own memories there:-) xoxo

smilnsigh said...

I so wish sun and warmth, for you. To fully begin to enjoy your new Amelia Rose Cottage to the fullest.

Mari-Nanci

Clare and Mike said...

Hi, it is indeed a very special name which holds such lovely meaning for you! Clare x

Kelli said...

Oh, that is just a beautiful story and a beautiful name for your new cottage!!!

Kelli

Sheila said...

A lovely name, and one with sentimental meaning for your family. Your new 'cottage' home will be the place where in years to come your grandchildren will look back with many happy memories too.
hugs
xx

Susie Q said...

Such a special name for a special place. This will be a home in every sense of the word...your grandchildren will always remember it as warm and welcoming.

Have a sweet weekend!

Hugs,
Sue

Maggie Ann said...

Your Mom is lovely! And how special to name your home after her. I loved the pictures....=)

P. said...

Your blog is so beautiful. And the name is perfect. I have one daughter called Amelia and that's the name of my grandmother and greatgrandmother. Also a lot of cousins of them had the same name, all them because one Queen of Portugal called Amelia, the one that saw her husband and son being killed by republicans.

Sandra said...

Loved this, how sweet and what a perfect name. I'm portuguese and I LOVE the name Amelia, it's pretty common portuguese name ;)

Have a great day,
Sandra