Wednesday, April 18, 2007

So Sow..........Christmas In April............?

There is still a cold chill in the air, I am tired of spending so much time in side while waiting for the sun to shine and the breeze to warm up out side. I am thinking Christmas in April. I have made a decision that this is the year that I will make all of my Christmas gifts. I have wanted to do this for many years......and this is the year. So(sow) this year I will do..........
I have to find craft projects that I can do in the evening while watching TV. I am not a talented person when it comes to sowing but I can learn. My first project will be making these darling little jackets made our of a sweatshirt, then adding the sailboat or snowman. I can do this.........yes I can????? I think it would be fun to share ideas for home made gifts for birthday or holiday gifts........in April???
Yes because I do need to start in April and do not want to wait until November and then say ( I wish I would have started this project months ago. So if there is any one out there in our blogging group who would like to share ideas about home made gifts please do so. I do not know how to make one of the cute little badges that some put on there post when they want to share an idea...............so if any one out there would like to join in ....my( Christmas in April ) idea and knows how to make a cute little badge please do so.
Any one with me???????????? I hope so.............
Sharon K

8 comments:

Kelli said...

What a wonderful idea!! I always say I'm going to make all my Christmas gifts and then I don't start early enough. April sounds like the perfect time to get started. Those jackets are too cute!
Kelli

Ginny Gibson said...

Every Christmas I set off making things to sell and hate myself for leaving it all so late, then promising myself I will start for next year in January. Which of course I have not done.

So thank you for bringing this subject up in April, because if I start now I will still be in good time for Christmas. Hmmm what shall I start on?

By the way I was talking porches with another blog member yesterday and have now seen the most gorgeous porch right here on your blog. How beautiful it is!!!

best wishes Ginny

Anonymous said...

I love getting handmade gifts...Everyone will be thrilled at Christmas.

Hugs,
Connie

Retroboutiques said...

I thank you for reminding me that I REALLY should begin the Christmas stuff now, so I can enjoy the actual holiday when it comes...I think I may make some items as well! Now, to start my list.
And thank you for helping me with my Amber Alerts...I really believe with the web making the world a smaller place, we can all keep our eyes peeled now, and recover some of these children!

Maggie Ann said...

Sharon, those little jackets are SO darling!!!! Its a great idea to start making gifts now. And, thankyou for your kind comments re/my collages. I'm new at it and just love the 'doing & trying'. Its fills a place for my 'artsy' side that has long been dormant. Every week, I get happy when I get my hands on the weekly JoAnn coupon. ~~~I don't know how to make badges though for sidebars..I'm sure somebody will be able to though.

Nancy Jo said...

Sharon.
Good idea, and those little jackets are very cute.
We are at last getting some nice weather here. this should bring the leaves out for sure. I know we will be outside a lot this weekend.
NANCY JO

Tammy said...

I'm hearing you on the "still cool" weather...a nippy 56ยบ here
:(
The weekend is supposed to be great though!
I'm into the Artist Trading Cards and card decorating...I never was a hand to sew!

Judypatooote said...

My kids have been for years drawing names and making a gift for that person....just lori, lisa, linda, joey and megan ...but last year I got in on the deal.....it was fun....joey drew my name and made me a really cute little box that has the background of city of toledo, with pictures of me and jim...... and I had megan and make her slippers and a pillow... I love homemade gifts... and April is none to soon to start planning and making them.....remember when we use to sew clothes for our kids together?